The key to success lies in just being yourself, in being authentic
I am a young Cuban actress and television hostess. I was born in Havana in the 90s. I have been interested in acting since I was a child. After graduating from the National School of Arts of Cuba (ENA) at the age of 17, I performed my first professional job in the television series “Aquí Estamos”. Ever since, I have been working as an actress in Radio, Movie Films, television shows and in theater with Teatro El Público directed by Carlos Díaz and with Jazz Vilá Projects directed by Jazz Vilá. In the motion picture industry, I worked in films like “Sergio & Serguéi” and “El Acompañante” among others. With the roll of Lisandra, from “El Acompañante”, I won the Latin ACE Awards in New York as the best supporting roll. I also received awards in The Five Continent International Film Festival in Venezuela and in The International Short Films Festival in Torrelavega. During 2017 and 2018, she was the host of the popular Cuban reality show Bailando en Cuba. In 2019 she was involved in the Cuban Campaign Evoluciona against gender violence, harassment and in defense of women’s rights. Appearing in that same year in the list of the 10 most influential Cuban artists published by Cibercuba and Cuballama Digital Magazines.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
2020-Nominee. Best Actress in a short film. Bucarest ShortCut Cinefest / International Film Festival.
(It comes from the heavens)
2019- Recognized as one of the top 10 influential Cuban artists published by Cibercuba and Cuballama Digital Magazines.
2019- Nominee. Best Actress in a short film. Southern States Indie Fan Film Fest. Mississippi, United States.
(It Comes from the Heavens)
- 2018 – WINNER. Best actress in a short film. International Short Film Festival from Torrelavega, Spain. Awarded by the Actors Guild (It Comes from the Heavens).
- 2018 – WINNER. Best Actress in a Short Film. Five Continent Film Festival. Venezuela (It Comes from the Heavens).
- 2017 – WINNER. Best Supporting Actress. Association of Latin Entertainment Critics of New York (El Acompañante).
- 2015 – Nominee. Best Actress. Caricato Awards. Cuba (Playa Leonora).
- 2011 – Special Mention. Cuban Agency of Artistic Representation.
- 2010 – WINNER. Best Actress. “Adolfo Llauradó” Award. Cuba (Aquí estamos).
- 2018- Latin love / Dir. Johan Nijhenhuis (Holland-Cuba)
- 2018- Boxeadora / Dir. Oldren Romero (USA-Cuba)
- 2017- La noche del monstruo / Dir. Renan Braga (Brazil-Cuba)
- 2017- Sergio & Serguei / Dir. Ernesto Daranas (Cuba-USA-España)
- 2016- It Comes from the Heavens Sucedió en el Cielo / Dir. Oldren Romero (USA-Cuba)
- 2015- Bailando con Margot / Dir. Arturo Santana (Venezuela-Cuba)
- 2015- El Acompañante / Dir. Pavel Giroud (Cuba-Francia)
- 2012- Sin Alas / Dir. Ben Chace (USA-Cuba)
- 2012- El hombre de las dificultades / Dir. Luis Alberto Lamata (Venezuela-Cuba)
- 2019- Vivir del Cuento: La nueva vecina.(Comedy TV show) Dir. Nachi
- 2017- 2018 Bailando en Cuba (Reality Show) / Dir. Manuel Ortega
- 2016- Piña Colada (Television film)
- 2015- U.N.O. (Police television series) / Dir. Alberto Luberta
- 2013- Playa Leonora (Television series) Dir. Armando Toledo
- 2011- Tras La Huella Case: Tu precio (Police television series) / Dir. Willy Franco
- 2010- Dos toques para Roberto (Television film) / Dir. Magda González
- 2009- Aquí estamos (Television Film) / Dir. Rafael Gonzales-Hugo Reyes
- 2008- Tras La Huella Case Cabaret (Police television series) / Dir. Rolando Chiong
- 2007- Sobran los motivos (Television film) /Dir. Marta Recio
- 1998- Dando Vueltas (Childrens television show) / Dir. Magda González
- 2018-2019 Farándula / Dir. Jazz Vilá
- 2018- 2019 La historia no contada de Bailando en Cuba / Dir. Manuel Ortega
- 2015- Eclipse / Dir. Jazz Vilá
- 2015- BRUK, el último Troll / Dir. Jazz Vilá
- 2015- Las Cuñadas / Dir. Jennifer Capraru
- 2014- Rascacielos / Dir. Jazz Vilá
- 2013- Kalhil Madoz / Dir. Anaysy Gregory
- 2012- El Hombre que no estaba / Dir. Anaysy Gregory
- 2011- Noche de Reyes / Dir. Carlos Díaz
- 2010- Tango / Dir. Carlos Díaz
- 2010- Sueño de una noche de Verano / Dir. Carlos Díaz
- 2009- Cabaret Alemán / Dir. Carlos Díaz
- 2009- El Otro Cuarto / Dir. Carlos Díaz
“Being an empowered actress is to have clear responsibility of what to do and say with your career. Discover that the choice to grow is in your hands and in your daily work. It is choosing projects with humility and consequently with your values. Know that the strength is inside you.”
OTHER ARTISTIC WORKS & Activism
- 2019- Activist in the Cuban campaign Evoluciona against gender violence, harassment and in defense of women’s rights.
- 2018 – Host of the First Salsa Festival in Mexico
- 2018 – Host of Gilberto Santa Rosa’s concert in Cuba
- 2017 – Host of the gala “Canto a la Vida” for HIV and Human Rights.
- 2017 – Host of the gala for the 55th Anniversary of the Cuban Institute of Radio and TV
- 2015-2017 – Host of Cabaret Habana Cafe, Hotel Melia Cohiba
- 2012-2016 – Host of Cabaret Tropicana
- 2014 – Host of the Gala “Hair Stage” from Davines
- 2013 – Assistant director from the play “No te Muevas” (“Don’t Move”)
- 2010 – Image of the work “Cecilia” by Golgota
- 2009 – Image of the exhibit ARTEHABANA and Lauros
- 2002-2004 Buenos días personita (Radio show) Radio Ciudad de la Habana
- 1999-2001 Cuenta con nosotros (Radio show) / Radio C.O.C.O.
- Graduated from the National School of Arts of Cuba.
- Workshop, Contemporary Dance / Prof. Isabel Bustos
- Workshop Masks (Chilean Theater Group “La Mancha”
- Workshop of Popular Dance at the Cuban Television Ballet
"Camila Arteche has it all to become the queen of show hosting (...) great diction, even better pronunciation, and gorgeous on stage"
Paquita de Armas
‘Sergio and Sergey’: Film Review
Loosely based on the remarkable story of a Cuban radio ham and a stranded cosmonaut, Ernesto Daranas’ globe-spanning follow-up to ‘Behavior’ took best script honors at the recent Havana Film Festival of New York.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.